Ok so now I know why most doctor's "wash" the sperm before inserting it for an iui. IT HURTS!!! I wasn't laying on the table more than 2 minutes before I felt this horrible pain on my left side and it slowly made its way to about the middle of my abdomen. I have been told that my pain tolerance level is pretty high and I was crying like a baby! I had to call the nurse because I thought something was seriously wrong. They immediately took out the little plastic thing (not sure what the medical term is) and gave me some ibuprofen. About 45 minutes later it finally started going away but I still could barely take a breath. I had to call Jacob to come get me because I didn't want to drive. I was still hurting pretty bad by the time he got there. It still hurts and I have to move VERY carefully or I will double over. The dr said it should pass by tomorrow morning.
I researched iui's a lot before having the first one last month and all the websites said that the sperm should be washed because the fluid has hormones that will make the uterus spasm uncontrollably for most people. Well apparently I am one of those people!! The dr told me that he normally only washes it the first month and while doing that runs tests to be sure it is good. I won't do it again without it being washed and I honestly might take off a month or 2 and try it normally. I would still take the meds because the eggs won't grow on their own but I think I might skip the iui process. Hopefully we won't have to worry about that decision though! Oh and he did say that I had 2 eggs that had ovulated but that could be a negative thing because apparently the egg is supposed to meet up with the sperm before getting to the uterus but in my mind I don't see why it would make much of a difference....Anyway he said I might have 1 other that will ovulate in the next 12 hours from the procedure.
Good news!! Jacob got his paperwork for getting medically retired for the army and for at least 5 more years I will have full army insurance!! Great relief because these procedures and shots have been almost completely covered. This is the army's way of documenting that they take care of family...not so true on any other occasion except this one in my opinion. But I won't complain! =)
I will go see him again next Tuesday because my left ovary is really swollen and has lots of fluid so he wants to check it. Then the following Tuesday will be the test day. Hoping and praying I don't have to do this again!!!
No comments:
Post a Comment