Ok so after my attitude adjustment I made from the last post I feel much better! I got the Gonal F pen on Wednesday but mr dr only wanted me to take 150 mg of it per day (down from 300 which I didn't understand why till today). So I took my last 2 shots I had left on Wed. Then on Thursday I got to use the pen! It was amazingly easy and didn't hurt at all! I even gave it to myself today and didn't feel any burning! I also injected it into my stomach which I will do next time if we can't get big enough eggs this time around...
So I had my appt today at 11 and was pretty much freaking out yet again. That place brings out the biggest anxiety in me! Anyway, he looked at my eggs and saw that I had 2 that were 17.5 mm and 1 that was 13.5 mm I believe. He said it looks better but cannot give me anymore shots because my ovaries are enlarged from the Gonal. he said that all of the fluid I had in my body was now in my abdomen and trying to get into my ovaries. Basically they are overstimulated but not to the point of causing serious problems. I noticed bloating in my abdomen and tenderness in the lower part of it but thought it was just because I took the pen in my stomach this time. He just told me to take it easy and try not to bounce or run. Also, not to lift anything too heavy because something could rupture. I was a little shocked and after wished I would have asked what would rupture...surely not my ovary?? I am real good at thinking of questions I should have asked after I have left...
I asked what we are going to do if my eggs do not grow but he said that they are taking a lot longer than the average woman however there is still a lot of stuff out there to stimulate my ovaries if this doesn't work. Then he gave me the best news...He said that I have to come back on Monday afternoon and he will recheck my eggs. If I have enough of them that have gotten to at least 18-20 mm then he would extract them. Now again I wish I would have thought to ask before why he would extract them...I hadn't read about iui's much but after looking them up found that the sperm is injected into the uterus during ovulation which gives it a better shot to fertilize. But it never said anything about extracting them. So I will have to ask on Monday what exactly to be prepared for.
By the way this whole fluid filled ovary thing hurts!!! I was really bummed that he told me I couldn't go run with my dogs because I finally got contacts again and could run without holding onto my glasses (not the easiest thing to do when juggling an 80 lb dog too!) He told me that I really would not feel like running or doing much of anything for the weekend and just like the whole burning fire shot thing I didn't completely believe him....Boy was I wrong!! I went grocery shopping at the commissary (luckily not Walmart) and was exhausted by the time I got home! Luckily it wasn't so much that I overdid it but I pretty much got in trouble with just about everyone who found out...Apparently when the dr says to take it easy I am supposed to actually follow that order..go figure! =) When I get something in my head as a plan it is really hard to change it. I had in my head to go shopping today so I was going to do it! Planned on taking all 3 dogs in to the vet tomorrow but with Jacob working I have decided to be good and wait till next weekend! I have changed my plans! ha! Anyway that is the latest....super long but I had a lot to say I guess!
No comments:
Post a Comment