Wednesday, August 17, 2011

So it didn't happen this last month and we have decided to go off of the med for a few months for several reasons. We are moving to Dallas which requires finding a regular dr and then getting referred to a fertility specialist. This process takes a few weeks and I am not going to drive 3 hours to Lawton every week to see my doctor now. Plus there is a lot of stress involved in moving and finding another job. With the med in my system I tend to freak out a lot easier...actually it makes me crazy and I cannot deal with all of the stress it adds. I have never dealt well with change whether it is good or bad and having something  in my system that makes my hormones go insane is just not a good idea. We are going to wait until at least January to resume the medicine.

I talked to my doctor and he wanted me to go back on bc pills to control the endometriosis....I told him I will never be on that stuff again. I always had so many issues with it for months and then have been told that it probably isn't effective anyway. It is like my body rejects it. I had been on it since college which is where the problems first started. It controlled the cysts good, but not the endometriosis as well as it should have. More than likely it didn't keep me from getting pregnant either he said. So now I just have to go to the dr regularly to make sure the endometriosis doesn't get so bad that I have to have surgery again. But to be honest I would rather have the surgery than the bc pills....He said my body probably needs to recover anyway so it is a good idea to go off of the meds for a few months. It will happen when we are ready anyway so I am not going to stress and am actually going to try and relax for the first time in 6 months!

1 comment:

  1. That's a great plan! You will know when you are ready to start again. In the meantime, congrats on the new job and the move. Are yall buying a house in Dallas?

    ReplyDelete